The State Agency of Medicines (SAM) is entitled to provide wholesale data reports for medicinal products, including exported, parallel imported and parallel distributed medicinal products.
1) Standard report (quarterly according to month, semi‑annual, annual): includes the Anatomic Therapeutic Chemical (ATC) classification code, international non‑proprietary name (INN), form, strength or concentration, packaging size, number of packagings sold and turnover in euros;
2) Expanded report (quarterly according to month, semi‑annual, annual): includes the information in standard report and the consumer group in accordance with Article 18.4 of the Cabinet of Ministers Regulation No. 416 of 26 June 2007 “Procedure for Distribution and Quality Control of Medicinal Products” or medicinal product affiliation to classification group;
3) Full report (quarterly according to month, semi‑annual, annual): includes the information in standard report and consumer group in accordance with Article 18.4 of the Cabinet of Ministers Regulation No. 416 of 26 June 2007 “Procedure for Distribution and Quality Control of Medicinal Products” and medicinal product affiliation to classification group;
4) Individual report: SAM issues this type of report only to marketing authorisation holders regarding their authorised medicinal products and the report includes INN, marketing authorisation number, ATC code, pharmaceutical form, strength or concentration, packaging size and number of packagings sold.
SAM prepares the standard, expanded and full reports covering period of 3, 6, 12 months. The individual report can be obtained for a period of not less than 1 calendar month.
Preparation time for all reports – within 2 months after the end of relevant period. The reports that do not include separately indicated consumer groups will include the total sales volume of medicinal products in Latvia, excluding sales from one wholesaler to another.
How to purchase a statistical report?
The client may purchase a statistical report by submitting an application to SAM requesting the report and an invoice, indicating the type of report and information required for issuance of invoice (please see section “Payment procedure”).
The prepared medicinal product sales data shall be provided to the client in an electronic format using the coded data exchange connection to the SAM FTPS (File Transfer protocol over SSL) server after receipt of payment for the invoice issued by SAM.
The client shall sign a contract “Regarding supply of medicinal product wholesale data” for the wholesale data of medicinal products, including exported, parallel imported and parallel distributed medicinal products (except veterinary medicinal products), not including references to specific pharmacies, medicinal product wholesalers, manufacturers and importers, and not including any other identifying data.
In the application please indicate:
- Information about the client
- Database user data
- Contact persons
In the application, please indicate the type of report (standard, expanded, full or individual (for specific medicinal products/active substances)) you wish to purchase, as well as the time period. Please send the application to the following SAM e‑mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment for the data reports of medicinal products is determined in accordance with the Paid Service Pricelist of the State Agency of Medicines.
• Please send the invoice request to SAM in an electronic format to the following e‑mail address: email@example.com.
• Following the submission of application, an invoice for advance payment shall be sent to the e-mail address you indicated. Upon making the payment, the invoice number and date, as well as name, surname or title of payee must be indicated in the “Purpose of payment”.
Cabinet of Ministers Regulation No.416 of 26 June 2007 “Regarding Procedure for Distribution and Quality Control of Medicinal Products” (Article 146.13)